At ALP Leicester we believe that every child should have an opportunity to experience success with their education no matter what their background or special needs…
Welcome to ALP Leicester
We recognise that our learners may need additional support before they are ready to fully engage in the curriculum. Therefore, we typically follow a progressive step by step approach as summarised in the mnemonic; ARRRTT
- Attendance: Focus on improving each learner’s attendance level to ensure they give themselves the basis to achieve.
- Routine: Tutors help learners to gain a routine that is adapted to pupils individual needs to ensure they feel comfortable in the educational environment.
- Relationship: Learners are assisted in developing sound relationships with tutors and other service users.
- Respect: Working with learners and families in a holistic manner to maximize their life-chances and educational potential.
- Trust: When a pupil feels more secure and understood.
- Teach: A formal, academic curriculum takes place.
ALP Leicester Sports Festival July 2017
Sports tutor, Nathan lead our recent sports festival:
“It was a great day in which the primary learners had their boccia and teeball festival. They took part in a warm-up game, a relay race; a game of boccia and an innings of teeball. All the learners showed great teamwork and lots of skill while doing these activities on a hot day!”
The secondary learners helped too, finishing off their assisting in sports coaching unit of PE.
Well done to all who took part.
ncfe. school of the month May 2017
ALP Leicester has been named NCFE school of the month for May 2017.
Healthy Relationships Week
Our first ever ALP Leicester Healthy Relationships Week took place between 22nd and 26th May.
Our students engaged in a range of planned activities to encourage thinking around positive relationships and friendship.
Please take the time to read the rest of this news story here
Take part in our Parent online questionnaire
We rely on your feedback so please take a few moments to answer our online questionnaire.